Stop Nail Biting with Belfast Hypnotherapy - Alan Gilchrist
Among children, nail biting is a particularly common habit, one which carries on into adulthood. There are many reasons as to why a person bites their nails, or the skin around them or even their fingers! In the majority of cases, the habit finds its roots in childhood and from then on, grows with them.
For many people, it’s an unconscious habit. One without reason - they are simply unaware of what they’re doing.
The nail biting might have started due to:
• Nerves, tension or even anxiety,
• A habit from early years,
• Copying other children or parents,
• Using it as a way to relieve stress or boredom.
Nail biting is merely exacerbated by stress and/or anxiety.
There are many reasons why a nail biter would like to stop:
• It annoys their partner,
• Their fingers or nails are now going to be on show - e.g. they may be on the verge of marriage and will be having their ring fingers photographed, etc.
• Sheer embarrassment of the state of their bitten-down nails,
• There are some nail biters who indulge in the habit to such an intensity, that they cause the skin and the nail itself to bleed, which results in pain and discomfort.
If the biter does persist in doing this, it can result in:
• Split and fractured nails,
• Bleeding and scarring around the nails,
• Deformed nails orinfections in the nails, as well as the mouth and or gums!
People have devised countless methods to bring their nail biting to a halt - anything from plasters over their nails, wearing gloves, applying stop-biting nail polish and more!
In the end, only willpower and a session of retraining will work. Not of the body, but of the mind. It has to be trained into realizing that your nails should be treated with respect and that they require care.
Stop Nail Biting Hypnosis in: Belfast - Ballymena - Coleraine Newry - Omagh
Stop Smoking NOW!
Learn to Relax
Fear of Flying
Stop Panic Attacks
Driving Test Nerves
Stop Nail Biting